HybridZ

LSX Carburetion manifold

When referring to shady I meant taking pictures of the car with the hood closed then pictures with the carb and aircleaner on. That's slightly misrepresenting in the ad. That's why we don't buy until we see the car in person though I suppose. I would search on that kwik bracket. I think I was reading in a thread that it hits the strut tower ( I could be wrong though I've been reading a lot lately and it's starting to get jumbled).

Yea, I have found things here and there that have me scratching my head, but we are all familiar with the caveat emptor standard on cars. Since I was waiting on parts, I figured this would be a good time to test the bracket clearance :) I knocked out a cardboard mockup from their schematics, and it does indeed appear to impact the strut tower. So, I look at that as $200 towards getting a hood fabricated.

• 3 years later...

Not really shady, I checked it out before I laid down cash and knew it would not fit without serious rubbing. Alternator also impacts the hood, so I have been debating lowering it with a bracket or using a wider recreation of the datsun sport cowl to lump over it and leave it stock. I guess different people have different versions of what "fits" under a hood. My version of fit requires clearance to avoid any contact, even under stress, so this carbed engine does not "fit" under a stock hood. If I had it to do over again, I would probably wait for a FI v-8 conversion, because I have rebuilt the carb, and I am still fighting with the damn thing to run consistently. On the other hand, it is my first carbed engine and has been a good learning experience, so I consider it a wash.

edit: here is the alternator bracket I am looking at. I think that it will fit under the hood, but I want to mock one up to be sure before I order: http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_alt_only.html

I wanted to buy that car! I just missed it. Clearance issues and all that was a hell of a deal!