HybridZ

I'm an idiot....

Mikelly

I just remembered that I get Jobber prices on stuff over at Victoria Brittish... I just ordered their steel front fender flares for my fenders for $318... I may eventually do away with the rear fiberglass units and buy the rear steel flares from them!

Mike :rolleyes:

Guest Anonymous

Mike, I have a question for you about another thread where you mentioned using DUPONT (two part?) bedliner paint on your underbody frame rails etc. I have this idea of using black bedliner paint as a ulitarian type of interior coating. I have fiberglass interior door panels,custom fiberglass dash overly etc. Do you think this paint would stay on the interior and not rub off on me. I saw another thread that Wal Mart carried a brand of bedliner paint.

I used Dupont truck bed liner on my underbody. Looks sweet, but I noticed that anywhere that flexes a lot, like the floors, will crack.

I had some left over and did my floors from the inside too, one thing I don't like is that it gives a weird sort of texture because there are so many solids in it.

Owen

I just finished the install of the bed liner on the underside frame rails, and both sides of the floor pans last night...Word of Caution: This stuff is DANGEROUS if breathed in. Provide P-L-E-N-T-Y of ventilation before using it... Stuff almost killed me last night...You don't realize until you get some fresh air...

On the plus side, it sets up REALLY well and dries fairly quickly...Might go ahead and use some of it on my trucks BED! Anyway, it cleans up well and is not as difficult to work with as POR15. My floor pans look much better now and you can't see much of the bondo/ seam sealer with the liner coating over top of it... Nice looking stuff!

I'll take pictures tomorrow night as I take pictures of the rear control arm install for the next installation of my magazine writing ventures... Next, I'll finish the plumbing of the fuel, battery and brakes by the weekend. Once that is done, I'll finish up the detail on the inside rollcage/ trunk area, and start wiring... Anybody inastalled the painless wiring harness??? I'm gonna go ahead and get the whole Kit today and just start from scratch with it!

Mike

Cool. I'm considering the bed liner coating too. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of yours.

Keep us posted on the Painless install. I bought the 18 circuit harness, but it will be quite a while before I get to installing it.