HybridZ

Fiberglass Z-hood replacement

RacerX

Apparently those folks do not edit their sales brochures. They claim this hood reduces the overall weight of the car by 40lbs :D

I just picked up a used fiberglass hood with the 3" cowl, similar to the one that MLKMGK got. Nice unit. It weighs 21lbs and today I pulled my stock hood and it weighs 37lbs.

If anyone local or in FL is interested in buying my steel hood, drop me an email. It is in very good condition with the late hood vents, BUT, it uses hood pins. I have the hood latch.

I've never noticed any warpage. It may be there in the sense that it is temporary when it's hotter under the hood than on top, but during all the years I've had mine, it's never happened that I could tell. The good thing about these hoods is that the "power bulge" that runs down the center of the hoods strengthens it in that direction.

Just a side note: During this past year I purchased an L-88 hood scoop (the smaller version)and they were very helpful. However, when I placed it on the hood of the Z, it appeared smaller than I had imagined. I immediately called them explaining the situation. I wound up exchanging it for the larger version, (looks much better). Staff was very understanding and helpful. Added plus...no extra charge for the exchange or larger scoop. Highly recommend this company.

Comps,

2thumbs.gif Van

Yep. I an effort to make it legal enough to get tags for the car, I had to add some headlights, and other things. Then I went ape-$#!t and added a lower lip, removed the drip rails, changed a few (a lot) of little things, and ended up ready to paint again. I love fiberglass!