HybridZ

Rb25det or vg30det

nismobizmo

Hey guy my name is Al and i just got my Z31 t-top for 1200$. Now the guy i bought it off already swapped a Vg30det into it but im looking for more power i want to put a rb25 into it and so i was wondering what do i need for this swap other then rb mounts and custom cross member? and i my high and low beams don't work anyone got any idea why? Thankspost-12388-062457400 1277587020_thumb.jpgpost-12388-073263500 1277586982_thumb.jpgpost-12388-065887600 1277586963_thumb.jpgpost-12388-023668300 1277587086_thumb.jpg

Edited by nismobizmo

The lights don't turn on at all?

1. Remove bulbs and check them on a battery to see if they work

2. If they work then reinstall them and check to make sure the wires arnt loose or anything.

3. If that checks out then either remove the switching unit on your tree and either take it apart and clean the contacts or get a new one from the JY or whatever.

If the headlights do turn on but the high beams or whatever just don't work then it's probally bad contacts at the switch.

That's the best I can do. Someone else jump in if I'm missing something or move this thread to the troubleshooting section.

Got a fire suit? If so I'd put it on if I were you!

Mongo

Wow how exactly does this response help this guy out?

It's responses like this make this forum unappealing.

I have keep mouth shut for too long. I see responses like this happen too many times.

If you don't have anything nice or that will benefit the situation then don't respond.

Wow how exactly does this response help this guy out?

It's responses like this make this forum unappealing.

I have keep mouth shut for too long. I see responses like this happen too many times.

If you don't have anything nice or that will benefit the situation then don't respond.

He was alluding to the fact that it doesn't appear that you searched the forum at all and that you might not get an answer out due to the fact that the answer is probably luring around the forum somewhere.

Basically it comes down to you using the search button and doing some research before asking the question. Also, the RB into a Z31 subject has been covered as well. Our forum has tons of information...you just need to read up on it ;)

Alright well i did what you said so all my lights work except my high beams but i don't know how to remove my switching unit and i would get a new one would i have to go to a Dealership?

my suggestion would be to take the one that's there out and clean it with a wire brush or the like. If you don't have a Haynes manual for your Z or something similar then I would suggest getting one. I doubt the dealer has that kind of stuff. You can get one from a junk yard or from someone off this forum or another Z forum I'd assume.

I can't elaborate much further because I've never dealt with a ZX. But on the S30 you have to pull back these tiny tabs and then this small (wooden?) square can be removed and the actual switch can be removed and cleaned. I don't know what you did there, the WD-40 might have shorted something out.