HybridZ

Cobra Kit Front Fascia

rbrick220

So I'm peicing together my body kit, and i'm curious to know if anyone has made their own 1 piece fascia with the fenders, hood and airdam like the cobra kit? I'm planning on doing it, but always look for advice rather than reinvente the wheel.

thanx in advance.

Terry Oxendale's Z has a custom one piece front end. He is a Hybrid member and his website documents his build in detail.

I have no idea if the following are one piece kits or not but perhaps they will be of interest.

I saved some photos of a black 74 260 with a Cobra front end. I believe it is a Hybrid Z member's car but I didn't keep any reference to whose car it was. I'm not great at posting photos on Hybrid but I'd be happy to send the photos to you via email if you want.

Eric Nyerlin's website shows the Tomahawk Z body kit at http://www.zparts.com/showcase/tomahawk/index.html .

And depending on what look you are seeking, Vinh Vu (member of Hybrid) has a write-up of his Nalle Z with a Cobra Daytona Coupe look on his site and at CarDomain (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2079260).

Hope that helps.

John

Edited by jhaag

If you're talking about using the factory metal body parts to do this conversion, I've seen one other Z (only pictures) of this done. It may have been a work in progress still, but for the most part it was complete. It seems like it'd be fairly easy to me. I contemplated doing this instead of messing with the fiberglass one-piece bonnet that I have. But anyways, I think you could just weld the gaps between the hood/fenders/headlight buckets, remove the bolts to the fenders and headlight buckets, and still be able to use the factory hood hinge. You will need to fabricate some side latches for the fenders, and may need to extend the wiring for the headlights, but other than that, it always seemed like an easy conversion to me.

Sorry I can't help you visually. I have a one-piece front bonnet, but it's the older fiberglass one that Arizona Z car used to have for sale. (No longer available)