HybridZ

WTB: S30 Map Light, Headlight Bucket, Interior Finisher

blue72

I'm getting close to painting my car and am in need of a couple of little pieces that I haven't yet come across in a junkyard.

Car in question that these pieces will be going on is my '72 240Z. I'm looking for an interior center console map light that's complete. My heater control panel didn't come with one or the mounting screws for it. Next on the wishlist is a passenger side door pull little chrome finisher. I already have one of the chrome finishers so I only need one more, but if you've got a pair in good condition then I'll take them.

The other item I need is a passenger side headlight bucket. I'm looking for a metal one as the fiberglass jobber I've got has three snapped studs despite liberal soaking with AeroKroil. So if you've got a decent condition metal headlight bucket with intact studs let me know.

One last thing: If anyone happens to have a long 240Z grille bolt (goes from top to bottom through each of the bars) I could stand to replace one of mine. All of the short bolts and one of the long ones are fine, but the other long bolt snapped.

Edited by blue72

The other item I need is a passenger side headlight bucket. So if you've got a decent condition metal headlight bucket with intact studs let me know.

I have a couple - all studs intact and in great shape. PM sent...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are looking for a very very nice one, I have one we found that I am pretty sure is NOS that I am going to eBay soon. I know I have one other, complete with a good map light I was about to list after getting nice pictures. There is a small crack at 3 o clock on the right hand screw hole, and the two screws are kinda "sunk" in to both the map light and the face plate. The map light housing is also beginning to crack from the back side on both screw holes, but this is a wordy description of what you see and think "It is forty years old, thats in pretty good shape."

Resizeofmaplight01.jpg

Resizeofmaplight02.jpg

If you would rather find just a faceplate, I am keeping my eyes peeled and will put your name on the first solo escutcheon I find. I'm gonna find out what to ask you for this map light but in the meantime you can throw me an offer.