HybridZ

New Fender Questions

Both of my front fenders on my Z need to be replaced. I looked in the Vic Brit cat and saw that they would be about $149.00 ea. and thought this was going to be a better deal than MSA (thiers list for about $240.00ea.). Then I read the fine print on the VB fenders and saw that there would be an $80.00 shipping fee added to the fenders!!! Wow :eek: Has anyone ever bought any fenders from either of these guys and is there another company ((besides Arizona Z car)) out there who sells the 280 fenders?

Oh by the way I would love to maybe get my hands on a pre fab cowl induction hood for my Z too if anyone knows of a company who does this.

Thanks in advance guys.

Shipping for large parts is always expensive. They can not ship UPS ground due to size restrictions and the common carriers go by the size of the container unless what your shipping is quite heavy. In other words the same shipping rates will apply with everyone.

You might want to check out some of the after market suppliers. Click here

Cool! Thanks for the web address, I will call them when they wake up and open thier business :D Since they are on the left coast and I am on the right. Do these fenders have all the necessary holes for side marker lights and emblems? This is one of the things I will be asking them. Oh and by the way I went to the Arizona Z car site and got all giddy about the twin turbo hood with the functioning air ducts only to find out that they are not making them anymore cry2.gif Oh well back to the drawing board. That would be one sweet hood to have, made me forget all about the cowl induction hood that I so coveted.

Look arround there were alot of Z's and all the fenders 70-78 interchange... I was in a yard the other day and there were 3 sets of good fenders... Look arround and then be cheep you will be supprized.. BTW think about buying a donor car with the stuff you need...I have gotten several over the past 10 years and I dont think I paid more than 300 for any of them and then sold some of the difficult to get parts for what I paid for the car then the rest was mine... think about it.. Also ask arround there is usually someone in your area that is a Z nut with 2 or 4 in there back yard... Good luck...

Ray,

I checked with a sorta local Z freak mechanic who has about a zillion Z's sitting around his shop and he advised me that it would be very difficult to get a good fender with no rust from any salvage yard including his. I have also checked myself at a few of the local j-yards and have not found the good fenders. They all have huge dents or they are rusted out in the lower part of the fender. I know that they make a repair panel for this part, but then I would have to pay someone to do the work. I have a wire welder but would never attempt something like this due to my terrible welding ventures so far frown.gif So to sum it all up, yes I have been looking and looking hard this is the 3rd Z/ZX I have owned so I am very familar with the j-yard scene.

Thanks

PS.

There is a place called Z-Car Atlanta that I haven't been to in a long time, I may give them a holler today and see if they can help, it is a Z car junk yard full of all models of Zssssssssss

My nipples get hard just walking through the place lol :D

Would you happen to have a phone # for Z car atlanta? I`m not too far away and would like to check them out. I will also keep an eye out for some fenders for ya. i`ve got one spotted for 70.00 but I was planning on getting it myself.

If I can succesfully weld mine I`ll hook you up,if you still need one.

Hi Denny,

I looked all over the place for my old GA. Z club news letters, I had a ton of them, they had the Z Car Atlanta address and phone number. I could not find them but I did do a web address search and came up with this address and phone number:

Z Car Atlanta

6404 Buford Hwy. N.E.

Atlanta, GA. 30340

(770) 446-1090

I hope this helps you out 2thumbs.gif

Guest KraZ4spd

nono.gifDo Not Buy Your Fenders From VB. nono.gif

The reason that the MSA fenders cost more is because they are made from the original casts.

VB's fenders are NOT a true fit. I have never had anybody tell me otherwise.

VB does have OK parts but the fenders are not one of them.