HybridZ

My Wiring Diagram *UPDATED*

jacob80

Hey guys,

Drew this wiring diagram up in Omnigraffle, took me about two days! Really like the program. I know its small, but its the first time I've drawn one on the computer, so give me some slack! :)

First Draft:

Megasquirtwiringdiagram.jpg?t=1279078663

Second Draft:

mswiringdiagramfinal2.jpg

Let me know if this looks good. If you see anything questionable just holler. Hopefully I can get some responses by tomorrow afternoon as I would like to start wiring it up. Thanks guys!

Edited by jacob80

Silly question, you have your coil hooked up to the fuel + on the pump, doesn't MS prime the pump and turn it off until the engine fires ?

just had another look, MS earths the pump (relay) to fire it up.. my Bad.

Nigel

Edited by Noddle

The connectors are a very very good idea. I wish I would have used more.

I know a certain extremely tall S30 owner who didn't put any in and has to balance his intake on top of his valve cover to change turbos :lmao:

What kind are you using?

Yes, I believe I'm very safe when he confirms this! BUT, I want to point a couple things out.

Disregard my fan relay not being hooked up for now, I'm still in the process of figuring out how to have megasquirt turn it on and off.

Secondly, I forgot to draw the line to the starter from the relay. I have actually tested this relay and it works but I still have the same problem of a "click" that will randomly happen and it won't turn over. After I quickly turned the key from "on" to "start" multiple times, it'll eventually crank. I have ZERO idea what is going on there. I've replaced the starter and had the starter I have now tested with no success :blink: At any rate...

Could you look over the diagram closely for me? I just don't want to have to do this whole process again :roll: Thanks guys!

Edited by jacob80

I haven't checked every wire, but overall it looks right. I would put the resistor inside the MS instead of in the external wiring but this is a matter of personal preference.

One thing that doesn't look right - it seems like you have the fan relay on full time? It looks like it's wired to constant power (should be switched if MS is controlling it) and a permanent ground.

Matt,

I guess I'm unaware as to how and where to install the resistor inside themegasquirt box, if you could tell me where/how to do that I would appreciate it.

As far as the fan relay, perhaps I drew it wrong. I have a constant going to one of.the poles which will be switched on by a megasquirt output.

Thanks!

Thanks man! I'm still working with the diagram to clean things up visually.

I also plan to incorporate an MSD box in my setup. Now that I think about it, I wonder how hard it would be to add it to megasquirt. Hmmm...

I would put the resistor inside the MS instead of in the external wiring but this is a matter of personal preference.

Matt, I would MUCH rather do this. My question is, is THIS the resistor that you're talking about? The one that jumpers the IGBT?

msnse_led17-d14_thru_vb921011.jpg

Or is this required as well as the resistor on the dizzy signal wire? I have a resistor as pictured above wired as well as the resistor on the dizzy signal wire on the PCB 3.0 board. Thanks!

Edited by jacob80

• 9 months later...

So going through the pages and i come across the diagram cleanest one yet, props

Thank you sir. I'm actually in the process of rewiring the entire works. I'm going with a "minimalistic" engine bay. I plan on welding shut some holes in the engine bay walls, hiding the body wiring harness, and some other small tidbits all while improving on this current wiring diagram.