HybridZ

2001-2005 sentra se-r rotors on 240z Front Brakes

Since I have some toyota 4x4 4-piston calipers and 300xz vented rotors with spacers in my possession, I was a bit curious as to what other rotors would work. I have sitting in my garage stock size front vented rotors from my 2002 Sentra SE-R SpecV. They are 4x114.3, same hub thickness as the 300zx with spacer, butare a bit larger in diameter. The 300zx rotors are 10 3/4" across and the sentra rotors are 11".

Has anyone tried using these before? Any other measurements that need to be taken to ensure proper fitting. I may try to fit them when I do my swap to see if anything can come of this, but I'll end up using the 300zx rotors since they are new and cross drilled and slotted.

Other important measurement is the offset from hub to rotor or backspacing. If its only the diameter that is different than you can still install it but you will have 1/4 inch of unused rotor. You can fix that by turning the rotor to 10 3/4. goodluck

Other important measurement is the offset from hub to rotor or backspacing. If its only the diameter that is different than you can still install it but you will have 1/4 inch of unused rotor. You can fix that by turning the rotor to 10 3/4. goodluck

Would it beneficial to have the extra surface area for heat dissipation? I'm wondering this because people use the very large 300zx non-turbo rotor with 240sx calipers for the rears (the rotor is huge in comparison).

one quick thing to point out is the 240z/260z/280z/280zx and the 4 stud Z31 300zx rotors are not mounted using a 4x114.3 PCD but a 4x103 PCD to the back of the hubs.

Edited by NZeder

one quick thing to point out is the 240z/260z/280z/280zx and the 4 stud Z31 300zx rotors are not mounted using a 4x114.3 PCD but a 4x103 PCD to the back of the hubs.

Ah, thank you! I didn't know that. I guess scrap this idea.

• 3 weeks later...