HybridZ

I.D oil filter assembly

going through the oil leaks that I'm finding on the car and this "plate" that the oil filter and oil cooler lines go to just doesn't seem right. It is leaking very badly and would like to solve the issue.

First and for most there is only one bolt hole to attach it to the block. Secondly you can plainly see that there was something else on this block from before.

is this set up ok? am i missing some form of a gasket perhaps?

datsunoilfilter.jpg

that appears to be a stock oil cooler mount from a ZX auto turbo. There probably is a rubber o-ring type gasket that fits there, but it threads onto the stock filter mount, then has the bolt to keep it from loosening.

If it was me, I'd have the filter mount setup in a lathe and an o-ring groove cut in its face, if there is no gasket currently.

thank you for the info. As it turns out there is a o ring gasket. Sadly my local parts store does not carry a replacement o ring gasket.

Would anyone know if this adapter plate shares the same gasket as a newer model car? maybe then the parts store would have it

Bring the gasket to your local foreign car parts or NAPA auto parts store. They usually will measure the gasket with a caliper and find it in a catalog. If they can't find it they will often know if there is a company around town that sells those type of parts.

• 1 month later...