HybridZ

No G-nose available in the U.S. for the 280 ZX

jhaag

I like the G-nose for the Z and wondered if a G-nose was available in the U.S. for the 280ZX. I contacted MJP Auto in the U.K. about the one they sell. Unfortunately, it is not available in the U.S. unless a person wants to spend a fortune on shipping. Here is Mike Feeney's response:

"The 280ZX G-nose is a UK product - I don't know any USA manufacturers who have done anything similar. You are right about shipping - these things get charged on volume, which makes shipping at least as expensive as the parts

themselves! If you have any shipping contacts or would be prepared to receive freight collect, we can pack and send!"

John

Do you have pictures of a 280ZX G nose? I've always thought the 280ZX already looks more G nose-ish in a way. I really like the body kits that MSA offers to replace the old bumpers. Similar to the kit on my `72. Really makes the car look totally different, and much more sleak.. If you did a G-nose on a ZX how would the rear bumper look as compared to the front?

Guest Anonymous

Whoa.. definitely more sleek than the stock shock bumpers. If anybody finds out more on this I'd be interested. If I were to do something custom body to the ZX it would be that and the fender flares, which I am still trying to find an AMC donor car for :rolleyes:

N'look, she's my color too!

-980mak rockon.gif

The picture (white hood, blue fenders) that Tim posted in an earlier message is the only photo I've ever seen of a 280ZX G-nose. That photo is on the MP Auto (in the U.K.) web site. It's definitely an aftermarket item. I've asked Mike Feeney at MP Auto if he could forward some better photos. I've never seen or heard of a G-nose for the 280ZX from any other source, either in the U.S. or elsewhere.

John

Guest greimann

It looks like a 240 G-nose kit might be able to be grafted on a ZX with some body and 'glass work. Anyone want to try?

It looks like a 240 G-nose kit might be able to be grafted on a ZX with some body and 'glass work
According to their web site, that's exactly what they did....I bet Terry (BlueOvalZ) could do it!!! :D

Tim

Guest greimann

²’•¶‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤‚²‚´‚¢‚Ü‚·ÂB‚±‚̃tÆ’HÂ[ƒ€‚ðƒvƒŠƒ“ƒgÆ’AÆ’EÆ’g‚µ‚Ä‚¨Žg‚¢‚­‚¾‚³‚¢ÂB

Æ’vƒŠƒ“ƒ^Â[‚ð‚¨ŽÂ‚¿‚Å‚È‚¢•û‚ÃÂA‚±‚̒•¶Â‘‚Ì€–Ú‚ð•ÊŽ†‚É‚¨ŽÊ‚µ‚¢‚½‚¾‚¢‚Ä‚àŒ‹Â‚Å‚·ÂB bonk.gif

And everyone you surf with too! Thanks for sharing another piece of unobtainium.