HybridZ

HBZers guess my 3.1 rwhp.

fhptom

Wideband is really a must, until you get one, it would be difficult to guess what would be required.

As I said earlier, timing might have to be adjusted if you never did it. Either a dyno or some software (I use Powerdyn software) would tell you if you're going the right way as far as a Best available torque at any given RPM (hard to get on old distributor on the whole power band...)

Edited by Lazeum

http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/ww347/clarkspeed/Maserati%20Carnage/?action=view&current=TomsGraph.jpg

Here is what the LM-1 showed us on a run down the front street. We are thinking not enough air. Maybe going to 40 or 42 chokes then doing some more runs before going to dyno to tune with jets and needles.

What does everyone think?

Tom

Edited by fhptom

I don't know your carbs very well but with your setup Webers with same choke dimension do not run out of air. I don't think it would be your case. If I remeber well, Mark (RedBaron) gets 275whp out of 40DCOE with custom 36mm chokes & L31 setup.

Your AFR is also quite rich at low RPM. I would try a different main and/or air jet and check how the AFR curve behaves.

One more point, if you're using logworks to post treat your data, you can plot a X-Y curve with rpm vs. AFR, much easier to read ;)