HybridZ

Exhaust manifold L28 = anyone elses exhaust manifold?

FricFrac

I'm always a little fearful to ask questions here..... anyhow I did search but my combination of search words, etc didn't yield any results. I'm just wondering if there is another straight six engine that has the same or close enough exhaust port configuration as the L28. I'm assuming there isn't or there would be a stick on how to do the mod I'm thinking of..... My thought is that if there was something similar would there be a turbo header from another straight six that would work or could be modified or perhaps welded up to a machined flange to use on our L28. There seems to be turbo headers for almost every engine out there even those that were never turbo charged except for our lowly L28.

I'm always a little fearful to ask questions here..... anyhow I did search but my combination of search words, etc didn't yield any results. I'm just wondering if there is another straight six engine that has the same or close enough exhaust port configuration as the L28. I'm assuming there isn't or there would be a stick on how to do the mod I'm thinking of..... My thought is that if there was something similar would there be a turbo header from another straight six that would work or could be modified or perhaps welded up to a machined flange to use on our L28. There seems to be turbo headers for almost every engine out there even those that were never turbo charged except for our lowly L28.

Given the amount of work involved it might be better to just build the turbo manifold from scratch. The L6 port spacing and its positioning on the left side of the engine is pretty unique.

Unless you are planning on competitively racing, what advantage over the stock manifold will you get? The stocker is proven to over 500HP, and since it's steel (not cast iron) it's weldable, and therfore configurable to suit external gates. For the cost of a used turbo manifold, and some fabrication, you're still about $1000US lower than the cheapest POS "Turbo Tubular Header" out there...