HybridZ

Update on Suspension Restoration / STi LSD Install

We ended up going with John Coffey's R180 STi conversion. Suspension components were powdercoated, hardware was bead blasted and then zinc plated. Energy Suspension bushings were used. All bearings / seals were replaced. Half shafts were rebuilt and balanced. We went with Tokico Illumina 5-way struts and 200 lbs/in linear rate springs in back. The R180 installation was simple with no issues.

post-1627-009452800 1283265628_thumb.jpg

post-1627-096284200 1283265650_thumb.jpg

post-1627-048376700 1283265670_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I personally just used Datsun Maxima (1st gen) round flanges and it bolted right up to my 240Z! No need to pay for expensive pieces and I'm running R180 with CV's

But are you running an R180 from a Subaru STI? That's why the custom side axles from JohnC or modded STI axles (like Nizzan's thread) are used in this case.

But are you running an R180 from a Subaru STI? That's why the custom side axles from JohnC or modded STI axles (like Nizzan's thread) are used in this case.

Negative... didn't know which flanges you were talking about (inboard vs outboard)... I can't seem to remember what spline count the R180 STI ones are... but that's neither here nor there in this thread