HybridZ

Anyone live near Lufkin Texas

Challenger

I might have the opportunity to skip a sememster and move down to texas to work for Lockheed Martin. Where Id work is in Lufkin, anyone near that? Trying to get a little information on the area and Ill be researching what living expenses would run.

They needed someone for a fall co-op but they got the go ahead to late so he doesnt think hell find anything. But it seems like theyre pretty interested in me and if they did pick me Id move down right after fall semester stay through winter break, spring semester, and then the rest of summer. After that Id return back to school and finish out my schooling. Im pretty excited theyre interested, it my dream company, Ive wanted to work with them since middle school. haha

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

I might have the opportunity to skip a sememster and move down to texas to work for Lockheed Martin. Where Id work is in Lufkin, anyone near that? Trying to get a little information on the area and Ill be researching what living expenses would run.

They needed someone for a fall co-op but they got the go ahead to late so he doesnt think hell find anything. But it seems like theyre pretty interested in me and if they did pick me Id move down right after fall semester stay through winter break, spring semester, and then the rest of summer. After that Id return back to school and finish out my schooling. Im pretty excited theyre interested, it my dream company, Ive wanted to work with them since middle school. haha

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

I'm in DFW. But that's still 3 hours away from Naco-Nowhere, and Lufkin is near there somewhere.

I live near Houston and have only stopped on Lufkin on my way to somewhere else. As BLOZ UP alluded, there isn't much there in terms of city life. To get an indicator of life in Lufkin you have to read in between the lines on their website. The top picture is of their high school football team...not professional...not college, high school.

It's a small town in the middle of the east Texas pine forest. If you like small town life, lake fishing, hunting, pick-up trucks and rodeos then its a place for you. The city of Nacogdoces and Stephen F. Austin University are nearby. Nacogdoces is a small college town where Stephen F. Austin university resides. Some of the students I knew from Houston complained about SFA being in the middle of nowhere (A.K.A. Nac-a-nowhere).