HybridZ

Power conversion

SVMVMVZZZZ

• 2 weeks later...

Most aftermarket seats are not going to be electric, so ordering electric seats could be difficult. I am currently installing 300zx (Z32) seats into my 280z. I got two sets from the junkyard for $175 one of which had an electric drivers seat. if your car doesn't currently have the seat rails/support a competent welder should be able to make brackets that would allow for just about any electric seat. You would just be looking at the fabrication and labor costs for the installation as well as the initial cost of the seats. In other words, your best net is a tape measure and junk yard.

The insulation is pretty easily removed with a rubber mallet and chisel or screwdriver. If you have trouble with that, lay some dry ice on it for a while and then try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this was so important you reposted it in another thread instead of bumping this one back to the top? :blink:

Supra Seats. Alter the tunnel, they fit if you're not long in the torso. Seriously, do some more research. I think the idea of getting a newer Z is probably the better solution for properly operating electric seats. The reason they were bolted to the floor is becuase the seat bottoms are so hugely thick unless you're 5' 2" an electric seat will put you into the roof with the additional thickness down bottom. With the seat mounts on the floor removed you gain height for installation. I wish I did that to mine now.

But were I to do it again, I'd do it with Miata Seats...then again they're not really 2+2 compatible like the Supra Seats are...

Edited by Tony D

• 4 weeks later...