HybridZ

Sherwin Williams paint

denny411

I have recently seen problems with other brands of paint. Some are very suseptible to scratches, and also to gasoline. I`ve seen some dupont paints bubble and lift from exposer to gasoline. I`ve been considering some sort of two part epoxy paint,but haven`t been able to find much info on specific brands.

Mike, Was the paint you used, a "two part" or two stage(base/clear)?

I`m also curious of whether or not they offer metallic or pearls with the epoxy paint. Thanks, Denny

Guest Anonymous

im using sw paint. so far ive only used the ghb etching primer..... it has excellent flow out and is pretty hard to run....

plans are to use ultra 7000 base/clear but itll be awhile before i get that far

Guest Anonymous

I agree, Imron is extremely tough, looks very wet and if it has problems at all its usually bad adhesion and it chips. Its great looking paint, but as many catylized paint, inhilation is minimally uncomfortable and worst case potentially fatal or cause serious nerve damage, no good gas mask, no paint, that simple unless drooling on yourself is something you always wanted. :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

IMRON PAINT. Got the first of it's kind light frost green metallic Dupont Imron sprayed on my 66 Dodge 1 ton truck in 1974. The painter charged me $50.00 and all the paint was over $100.00. Looked great.Just about forgot that paint, The truck was painted in one big open air warehouse without much surface problem that only me and the hairdresser were aware of..