HybridZ

Finding a Rear Hatch

DatsunLSX

The 280Z that I recently bought has two major rust spots that have gone through the corners of the hatch at the rear of the hatch. I have been looking around for a new hatch but all I have found have been components of the rear not the actual hatch. If someone could point me in the correct direction in finding a new or used one that is rust free that would help out alot.

The 280Z that I recently bought has two major rust spots that have gone through the corners of the hatch at the rear of the hatch. I have been looking around for a new hatch but all I have found have been components of the rear not the actual hatch. If someone could point me in the correct direction in finding a new or used one that is rust free that would help out alot.

You can always check the forsale threads here, craigslist and ebay. I have an extra in pretty good shape but im in IL.

Buy a Fiberglass or carbon one from Beta Motorsports. They wont rust out on you ever again!

How are there products, I looked at there site and found the prices to be reasonable, and do they have the holesfor the use of stock hinges or do they have to be drilled in?

There's a bunch in the bay area craigslist, I just got a vented hatch for $25 the other day. Maybe you know someone there or can arrange something with the sellers.

I don't know anybody on the west coast, the farthest west that I know someone that I can trust is in Kansas and I'm going to see about him doing my body work.

How are there products, I looked at there site and found the prices to be reasonable, and do they have the holesfor the use of stock hinges or do they have to be drilled in?

I don't know anybody on the west coast, the farthest west that I know someone that I can trust is in Kansas and I'm going to see about him doing my body work.

I think you can order them to be a bolt on but I am not 100% sure. For some reason I can't remember which member on here is the Beta Motorsports guy. When I get the name I will look. As far as I am concerned they are pin on and you can order them to be bolt on. Just do not quote me on this. I will look into it. B)

• 1 month later...