HybridZ

How-to

xonix_digital

Hey guys,

Im sure this has been addressed already but, why don't we have a "how-to" section?

Just a single section of the forum for writeups and walkthroughs. I have seen these work wonders for eliminating repeat or" noob" questions on some of the other auto forums.

If everyone chipped in a write-up or two I think it would really help.

What do you guys think?

I don't know about everyone else, but I've found that all the really good walkthroughs and such have been stickied or are in the faq forum. I may be a butthole too, but I think that making people do a bit of searching for stuff weeds out some of the individuals that may "clutter" up the board.

Edited by emeraldlion

I don't know about everyone else, but I've found that all the really good walkthroughs and such have been stickied or are in the faq forum. I may be a butthole too, but I think that making people do a bit of searching for stuff weeds out some of the individuals that may "clutter" up the board.

The problem with searching for some things is that you come across 50 threads where someone else has asked the same question but gets the response to search before asking and that thread has no answer in it. I think a stickied thread which would have links to threads that answer commonly asked questions would be worthwhile. I do also think a How-To section would be good.

The problem with searching for some things is that you come across 50 threads where someone else has asked the same question but gets the response to search before asking and that thread has no answer in it. I think a stickied thread which would have links to threads that answer commonly asked questions would be worthwhile. I do also think a How-To section would be good.

The answers are here and most are in the stickies and FAQ. Use the search function.

The answers are here and most are in the stickies and FAQ. Use the search function.

I appreciate that, but if you think about how many posts you and all of the other users have that say "Search" or "use the search function" it would soon become clear that there is an issue.

Creating a how-to section would make it easier for the users of Hybrid_Z to find the information they are looking for, instead of having to ask you guys for it all the time.

Being new to the chassis I use the search tool a lot and find that the vast majority of the results that come-up are unrelated, and when i do re search because the threads i got were not what I was looking for, I get a message stating that "Flood control is on" and that I have to wait 15 seconds to search again. This makes the process very cumbersome.

Now i did not create this thread to complain about the search function, i just really think if we compiled the current walkthroughs and started building new ones in one section, it would drastically cut down on the amount of junk posts.

Now i did not create this thread to complain about the search function, i just really think if we compiled the current walkthroughs and started building new ones in one section, it would drastically cut down on the amount of junk posts.

Are you volunteering to do the work?