HybridZ

Need help getting auto meter fuel lever to work

• 3 months later...

NICE. I'll prob just do this when I get my autometers.

It isn't worth the trouble, Miles' gauge still doesn't work correctly (reversed). I spent the extra coin on the programmable Auto Meter fuel level gauge. After buying the regular gauge from a third party dealer, then sending it to Auto Meter, paying them to do the work, and it still isn't working correctly, I doubt Miles will agree it was worth it either.

I see on ls1tech where the pre 1998 camaoro gas tanks had a 0-90 ohm sender. In theory, it should be possible to get an older style sender, as the tank design is the same. This seems like a cheaper route than just buying a programmable fuel gauge, and I want all my gauges to match, if possible.

I own both style tanks, I hate to break it to you that it is prob possible, but not likely to be easy.

The basic tank shape is the same from '93-'02. The similarities end there. However as they say, the devil is in the details. The '93 to '98 tanks are steel and the '99-'02 tanks are plastic. After that the pickup/sender is completely different. The early style bolts to the tank with about 10 nuts on studs coming from the tank. The later style uses a ring that rotates clockwise to secure the pickup assembly to the tank.

I think you'll spend more time and money trying to make a 0-90 ohm gauge work vs just selling/returning your 0-90 ohm gauge and buying the programmable gauge and be done with it.

But that of course is up to you.

DOH. Yeah, I forgot the early 4th gens had a bolt in fuel bucket. I guess I'll just nix that idea for now. I still would like my gauges to match. just kind of a pet peeve.

Again, does anyone know where I can find an A pillar pod for gauges, for a 280z?