HybridZ

Is this true?

OustedFairlady

I've got a '71 240Z and I stumbled across an ebay auction where the seller asserts that the yellow (black car was originally yellow, rare find, such as that) was rare. My Z was yellow, and although I'm not impressed in the slightest with the color, (no offense to those with yellow cars, it's just not my thing), I'd keep it that color if it's actually rare.

Any thoughts?

As a former resident of Tennessee, I can honestly say that about 70% of those that live there want far more than their cars are worth. For example, an individual I knew wanted 7000 dollars for a 99 Honda Civic hatchback with no engine or transmission.

Back to topic, I searched "Z-Zap" on the forums and got nothing, but I have a couple things that you guys may or may not know...

Color code for my car was 919, Sunshine Yellow. It's been repainted some sort of black (not a bad job, but needs a repaint). I'm not a fan of the color, and would prefer the orange ("New Sight Orange, 918). My interest in the color's rarity is pretty much academic at this point. After several seconds of mulling it over, I've decided to say to hell with factory-spec restoration, it's converted to RHD anyway, resto-mod is the way to go for me.

That said, thanks for any input, and if you guys find something, as I said, it's an academic interest now, so by all means, discuss! I'm interested to know.

I haven't found a specific color code yet, but an extremely dark metallic green is what I've got my eye on. It's a toss up between an extremely dark green, or even black with a pearl green flake in the clear.

That will look awesome I plan on going a dark metallic green also, I have a few paint colors I'm thinking about.