HybridZ

I want to put a cowl induction on my hood

georgiaz

I need help finding a good Z28 type cowl induction to install on my 280. Against my better judgement I ordered one from JC Witney. I took it out of the box today and will send it back tomorrow. It is flimsey and not long enough (49 inches). I have never bonded fiberglass to metal before so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Am I going to have problems getting it to follow the contour of the Z hood? Also, will cuttng the hood weaken it? I don't need the clearance, but I love the look and I am sure it will help to have some air flowing under there.

I thought I had a bookmark with a company that made fiberglass hoods that offered a hood with an integrated cowl induction scoop. I can't find the link now. I am looking for a company that offers a cowl that is not too high, something that fits the lines of the hood, without looking too radical.

Has anyone found a good cowl?

George

Guest KraZ4spd

GeorgiaZ, I don't think you looked in the right part of J.C.'s.

If you look in the fiberglass hood section you can buy the whole hood and it looks nice.

Hood+%26+spoiler.jpg?bcHJ8c9AKhoTPykY

Good luck. cheers.gif

I hope this helps.

I highly recommend UNLIMITED PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS. This past year I had an opportunity to purchase one of their L-88 Cowl Induction Scoops and added it to the hood of my 240Z. Product quality is very good as is their pricing structure. Customer service is also suprisingly well managed and helpful. Address as follows:

UNLIMITED PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS

560 West Rincon, Corona, CA 92880

(877)735-7772

The quality is definately there!

Comps, VAN

• 2 years later...