HybridZ

Schneider valve springs or Kameari?

mossy74

I've searched but couldn't really find much info on the springs, just wanted to know if the Schneider valve springs are good or not, I actually already have some that I bought from MSA but I'm heading to Japan before the end of the year and was wondering if it would be worth getting some kameari springs while I'm there.

Edited by mossy74

Can't remember the exact specs, but I thought the schneider springs were a little too strong. Too strong a spring can lead to a cam going flat, especially with todays low emissions motor oil (lower anti wear additives). check out zddplus.com for an oil additive.

should use the correct retainer with that schneider spring. This effects the installed height.

need to use a deep well retainer if you use a big regrind cam (more than 0.160" lash pad for correction).

My machinist made a big deal about springs having too much seat pressure and was all set to return whatever I ordered, but the Schneiders came, he tested them on his little spring dyno and they went in the car. He said there was another set that he had seen for L series that had like 200 in/lbs at the installed height, but I can't remember what type that was.

Anyway, Schneider springs are a go as far as I'm concerned.