HybridZ

Unusual FI intake manifold...

TimZ

• Administrators

Looks like a custom one off intake. I wonder on the schematics of it and if it flows any better than the stocker.

Love hte fact that it says for the 260 even though that was Carb'd

That is a production piece, several were made. At least two different companies were making those IR mechanical injection manifolds. Individual runner/throttle blade Mechanical injection manifold, not Electronic fuel injection. They all were cast with the carb mount bolt pattern. They were designed and built for boat racers running the Datsun L6, not for use in the cars. The runners of the Kinsler are HUGE in diameter, not even remotely close in comparison to flow vs the stock EFI intakes, would not be good for anything other than full tilt 9000+ RPM race engine, Boat, Drag, Bonneville racer, etc. The other version, (I think it was Vetters) has smaller ID runners, but still much larger than the stock EFI. More comparable to triple carbs.

I purchased the other version a few years back back from a gent that races Datsun L6 powered boats, his L6 powered race boat pictured below, who was selling a couple of the bent Kinsler styles in that ad as well, with intentions of adding bosses for Electronic fuel injectors. Ended up scrapping the project, 1 fast z bought the intake from me, he also has one of the Kinsler styles. The bent style requires custom horns/extensions to clear the hood, the Vetters doesn't, but also doesn't allow much room for an air cleaner, which race boats don't use. :wink:

BoatCustom.jpg

The Vetters Manifold mocked up in my race car.

IR_2Medium.jpg

IR_3Medium.jpg

DSC_7744Medium.jpg

IR.jpg

DSC_7740Medium.jpg

DSC_7740Medium.jpg

Egger & Vickers out of Wisconsin was the other producer.

The Kinsler piece on sale is actually a Hillborn Casting.

Egger & Vickers made both straight and bent. I've only seen bent Hillborns.

I was wondering when someone else would see that, it's been posted at the Kinsler garage sale site forever! :D