HybridZ

Getting Published in a Magazine

240zip

How does a magazine like Nostalgic Hero (JDM) or Classic Motorsports go about selecting and then doing a piece on a car? Do they look at self-published examples and then select one, or do they allow people to submit pictures for publication? Just curious if anyone had been published in such a magazine and what the procedure was.

In many magazine articles themselves, they talk about spotting a certain car at a show or event and then contacting the owner to do a story on it. I do know that a couple of magazines provide an address and info on how to submit a car for a feature, but most of the ones I read about were discovered the other way.

The key being someone else is the discoverer. They rate your car worthy. If you self promote, well... we covered that eventuality already.

If you want to sell it, there's a reason they call it 'flogging'...

Come to think about it, I think my lil bro had an internet video call service going involving his hand... I wonder if he could sell it now for more money than before the internet venture. I mean, if I recognized the hand, I wouldn't want to buy it knowing what it had done! :blink:

Edited by Tony D

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the amount of time and effort devoted to this last project, I wanted to show it. It's not a huge deal (in terms of the recognition). I've just been a huge fan of Nostalgic Hero and other JDM magazines. My goal was to create a car that was the equal of any I'd seen in there - hence the powdercoating of the suspension, media blasting and then cadnimum plating of the bolts, and other attention to detail. At the same time I left it looking stock.

post-1627-014899400 1288309584_thumb.jpg