HybridZ

So this is my build thus far

Ego

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to tell you. You don't have the AFM hooked up, the car wont run without the AFM...

I went up there on friday and he did have it hooked up and he said he did have it running so I'm sure this was just one of the first attempts. Another thing, Don't pump the gas when your starting it, you have Fuel injection and your most likely flooding it. Also when I was up there it wouldn't start anymore and there was a weird issue with the electrical that I couldn't figure out at the time. We connected the ground for the lights to see if they would work and after we tried the lights the injectors started clicking like mad in the On position and a slight electrical noise was coming from the distributor area.

Edited by 19752802+2

SHES ALIVE!!!! runs and drives now, it was the timing.... Just need to adjust the valves and it will be good!!

Thats great, Glad to hear it, I bought a ton of parts today so I should be trying to start my car up in a few weeks. If you still need anything or want to trade that alternator for wheels or something let me know. B)

Alternator for wheels?!?!? :huh:

It was a joke, But anyways the wheels are still around they need new tires really bad and I have all the lugs for them to go on a Z, I need to buy some lugnuts so I can put the stock tires back on the car they are on at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

What is she doing at 3000? Stuttering or running strong but no increase in rpm? Without being there it is tough to figure out. Can you record the sound while driving and email it to me or just post it as a vid on here and we can all try to help. I will try to "re-create" the issue on my 75 2+2. I am hoping to get my rear fuel pump issue on my 260 done later today.

it loses power, acts like its going to die, i think im getting to much fuel, but im no expert. I would post it up but lost my internet just two days ago, and can only check at work for now, soon ill get a provider so i will be able to but for the time being im unable to

it loses power, acts like its going to die, i think im getting to much fuel, but im no expert. I would post it up but lost my internet just two days ago, and can only check at work for now, soon ill get a provider so i will be able to but for the time being im unable to

Its your TPS on the side of your throttle body. Here is a link to adjust it.

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/tps/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

well id like to start by saying thank you to everyone,

It runs a lot smoother now, how ever now when i put it into gear the tranny makes some squeling noises lol.. 1 step forward and six back. Ill post a video after i get a new phone on the third. Thanks to those that helped me get this far

Edited by Ego