HybridZ

LS1 go faster parts from US

Since the AUD is one for one at the moment with the USD, a lot of Aussies (more than usual) are buying their gear straight out of the States instead of the marked up local prices.

For those with the LS1 conversions, what sort of gear have you purchased to make your LS engine a bit stronger and go faster etc:

Valve springs

Bigger cam

Higher ratio rockers

Heads

Manifold

Throttle bodies

Braided clutch lines and remote bleeder

And what are the best sites for prices as well, Summit Racing has quite an extensive site but what are some others.

At this stage my plans are to upgrade from the original LS1 manifold to an LS6, upgrade my factory valve springs to something stronger?, I have installed higher ratio rockers once before with some good results but this time I'd like a nice sounding cam instead. I have also picked up some 241 heads locally so these might get a port job and installed at the same time as a cam.

I'd love to here your feedback as I only really get the Australian LS1 goss.

I have the Lunati Voodoo 60511 cam (.567/.567" lift, 222/228 duration@0.050" on a 113 LSA) in my LSx along with GM ' yellow' valve springs and Comp Cams 7.400" pushrods.

IMHO, if you are going to go through all the trouble of doing a cam swap (especially if the engine is already installed), better to make it worth it with larger cam making decent power gains over the stock cam or LS6 cam.

So unless you got the LS6 cam for free, its not worth your time and money for the min HP/TQ gains to do the swap.

I have the Lunati Voodoo 60511 cam (.567/.567" lift, 222/228 duration@0.050" on a 113 LSA) in my LSx along with GM ' yellow' valve springs and Comp Cams 7.400" pushrods.

IMHO, if you are going to go through all the trouble of doing a cam swap (especially if the engine is already installed), better to make it worth it with larger cam making decent power gains over the stock cam or LS6 cam.

So unless you got the LS6 cam for free, its not worth your time and money for the min HP/TQ gains to do the swap.

^^ What he said. You can get something much more suited to you application, for just a little more $$.

www.CalSpeedPerformance.com

We will meet or beat any price. I am still working on the site, but if you know what you want, we can get it. Plus our shipping rates are very reasonable to the land down under.

Righto.

What is a common valve spring upgrade that isn't too expensive.

I used 918's in my last car but that had a standard cam.

I will probably go a medium sized cam this time. Something around the 220's.

We have done a ton of mods to our engine. Cam, heads, rods, etc. I will get some numbers off the dyno in a few weeks. I think we have too much power and not enough traction. If you need parts, I can order whatever you need. You can alwasy try summit or jegs. they are both good.