HybridZ

aftermarket radio that fits into console without cutting?

greghassen

Does anyone know of a radio that fits into a 280z without any modification to the console?

I just bought a brand new console and I don't want to cut it to fit an aftermarket radio. It's weak enough to start with.

Edited by greghassen

yes i've seen that one. That front benzel looks really cheap, cheezy. i wonder if i could use the stock 78 benzel

that has the built in antenna switch. Anyone have the measurements of the display part of the radio that

fits thru the benzel?

From the ad its not clear to me how the power antenna is operated. use the remote control only???

yes i've seen that one. That front benzel looks really cheap, cheezy. i wonder if i could use the stock 78 benzel

that has the built in antenna switch. Anyone have the measurements of the display part of the radio that

fits thru the benzel?

From the ad its not clear to me how the power antenna is operated. use the remote control only???

The radio face dimensions are 3.5"w x 1.5"H x 1.05"d. I bought mine from Retrosound as they had the latest model ready to ship.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/

post-178-035825800 1287865871_thumb.jpg

thanks for the measurements. I can work with that now.

back in the day they used to make aftermarket radios that fit the stock 78 benzel.

I have one in my daily driver. its from the 80's and has a cassette. cheap as

hell radio but it looks like factory equipment.

post-5150-061284300 1287868860_thumb.jpg

thanks for the measurements. I can work with that now.

back in the day they used to make aftermarket radios that fit the stock 78 benzel.

I have one in my daily driver. its from the 80's and has a cassette. cheap as

hell radio but it looks like factory equipment.

Check out the Retrosound website. They have tech data etc for the model one kit that fits the Z.

The radio has a lead that controls the antenna. For the best sound I ran the output through an amplifier mounted ubder the passenger seat.