HybridZ

Cusco LSD in our long nose r200's?!

sqweekykneecap

hey guys,

i searched and found nawthing on this.

has any one attempted or heard of putting a cusco 1 way or 2 way in a r200 long nose?

i have a 260z with a r180 now of course. in the garage i have a r200 from a s130 turbo, and plan on usin the 3.54 ring gear on a lsd...thing is what lsd to use...

i know quaife diffs work. so i dont see why this wouldnt....

and i understand its a thing of spline count of the diff. i emailed some dudes on ebay selling this item about the spine count on a cusco lsd, i will get back to you about that.

thanks foar looking

has any one attempted or heard of putting a cusco 1 way or 2 way in a r200 long nose?

No, but I've done it with a 1.5 way Cusco into my S130T.

It's not that difficult, you just have to trim one of the axles. I posted it here somewhere, I'm surprised you didn't find it.

well i found that,

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/41855-cusco-lsd/page__p__345273__hl__%2Bcusco+%2Bdiff__fromsearch__1#entry345273

which did answer my questions. but not your build of it hugedogs

That should be the ONLY thing stopping you from doing it... the spline count. Typical axles are a 29 spline count and I BELIEVE... the others are 30 spline. If the spline count is the same, then you can MAKE everything else work. Then again, even if it was the higher spline count, you could MAKE that work too, but it would involve custom half shafts at that point.

Edited by SATAN

Suggestion: don't get a 1 way. Get a 1.5 or a 2. Given a choice I'd go for a 1.5. In overly simple terms, one way only locks on acceleration, 1.5 way works 1/2 as much on decel and the 2 way does the same on accel and decel. 1 way is popular for FWD, 1.5 way is popular with road racers, and 2 way is popular with drifters.

well i found that,

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/41855-cusco-lsd/page__p__345273__hl__%2Bcusco+%2Bdiff__fromsearch__1#entry345273

which did answer my questions. but not your build of it hugedogs

Ahhh! I'm a retard...no wonder you couldn't find it because it was a KAAZ (not Cusco) from a 240SX. Sorry about that :huh:

I installed a KAAZ 1.5 way LSD in my S130. I made the writeup here: KAAZ CLSD install in a S130 Turbo done (Finally...)

KAAZ_LSD.jpg

perfect man i read up on ur build deal. looks like it worked great. how did u get a hold of a side lash kit and new bearings?

The bearings I bought new from Nissan. I took the diff housing and bearings into Paden drivetrain in Portland to get the side lash & preload set, bearings pressed, etc. I think it was around $80.

I didn't opt to get all 5(?) bearings replaced. Just the ones that go on the carrier (not the ones in the nose). It seemed to work okay.