HybridZ

Leaving Japan soon, what parts should I get first

DJTOUGE

Alright it's almost time for me to leave Japan, I would like to know what S30 parts should I try to get before I leave? I don't need any engine parts since I am planing on doing a LS1 swap. My friend is selling me a R33 GTST skyline for $400 bucks and I will be parting it out soon, what parts from the skyline should I keep. Sorry If this has been covered, I look and found very little, but what skyline brake and suspension components work on a S30? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by DJTOUGE

Alright it's almost time for me to leave Japan, I would like to know what S30 parts should I try to get before I leave? I don't need any engine parts since I am planing on doing a LS1 swap. My friend is selling me a R33 GTST skyline for $400 buck and I will be parting it out soon, what parts from the skyline should I keep. Sorry If this has been covered, I look and found very little, but what skyline brake and suspension components work on a S30? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Non of the skyline parts will fit the z without modification. I'll tell ya what though, you coming to the US? Where at? I will take the engine/transmission off your hands for twice the price you paid for the car. Sounds fair? I would like the ECU and wiring as well.

The Engine is already spoken for, I am using the tranny for a sr20 project on another car. Have you ever heard of someone using Skyline brakes and 5 lug conversions on a Z. Also do you know if any of the exterior parts on a JDM Z is any different than a USDM Z. I just don't want to leave here and wished I got something while I was here.

I don't know if you can still do this, but pull the motor, trans and seats out of it and ship the chassis over as parts and sell it. If you could get a couple cars in a container and then ship another container with parts you could make a decent profit after shipping.

I don't know if you can still do this, but pull the motor, trans and seats out of it and ship the chassis over as parts and sell it. If you could get a couple cars in a container and then ship another container with parts you could make a decent profit after shipping.

I usually ship cars whole to the Domenic republic have someone there strip the car down and send it in thru Miami, but a GTST skyline is not worth my time shipping. A unregistered skyline shell is not worth very much, especially when you can buy a R32 for around 7k registered these days. I been looking for a S30 here in Japan lately but they are so damn expensive here. Shipping a car from here to the states runs roughly 5-6K.

A Container (40 footer) should run that much! A car alone should be less than that unless you have a greedy broker!

After renting a whole container and paying for shipping. the container came out to a little over 5k. But you can get almost 3 cars in there. I just helped a friend ship a FD into Cali last month. Either way I wouldn't dare ship a non GTR skyline to the states hints they are a waste of good metal.

Yeah, that is about right. I found with Europe that booking the freight from the USA is considerably cheaper than booking on that end. Same price but one is dollars and one is Euros!

And you can fit more than three in there, with a Hi-Cube you can fit 6 S30's, a front clip, a bicycle, a 50,000 btu BBQ unassembled in it's box, and more FRP and parts than you can even start to imagine! LOL

With a couple of reliable friends, the economics of shipping cars becomes nice. Four guys sharing a container (easy packing for four) makes your individual shipping costs only about $1200 a car, including almost an unlimited supply of space for parts. If you can get laydown service for the container at both ends (where it physically lays on the ground and not up on the wheels) you're golden!

Things on my list to get so far. All of this will run me about $500 and I have a $2000 budget so I will probably a set of baller wheels. A set of Fender mirrors, and some JDM taillights.

1.SR20

2.RB25 tranny

3.Skyline front and rear brakes

4.GTR seats

5.GTR steering wheel

• 4 weeks later...