HybridZ

Swapping gears

Zfan1

I was thinking of swapping out the 3.70 gears in my R200LSD rear end for some 3.36 or 3.54 gears. I was wondering if I can swap right out on the 3.54 or 3.36 gears, will they fit or are the 3.70 gears that come in the LSD rear end different in any way shape or form. The problem I run into is my rpm's trap speed is just too much in the 1/4 mile. I am spinning my 385 sbc around 6800 plus rpm's, not great on a hyd. roller set up.

Thanks,

Mike

The easier move is to buy a 3.54 or 3.36 (rare) rear end and swap the LSD into it. I've done a writeup on it and it's in the FAQ section. Very simple compared to swapping gears.

I sent my diff to Devon at unitrax and had them install a set of these http://kameariusa.com/L6_r200.php They also installed a OS Giken LSD for me. Made a big difference.

Yes but back to his original question for people a bit more budget restricted. Can those gears be swapped into the 3.7 R200lsd?

The answer is yes. Things you need.

Matching ring and pinion.

Correct pinion length for the case. (short nose or long nose).

correct shimming.