HybridZ

1982 280zx Turbo NEED HELP!!

So I have here a 1982 280zx turbo. It was running before but my water pump went out so I changed it along with the fuel pump as it was also getting old. I had my uncle who was a mechanic check if the timing was still right and it checked out. It cranks but doesnt start anymore. During the time I was changing the fuel pump and water pump my idiot roomate who insisted on helping plugged the positive to the negative and the negative to the positive on the battery and im pretty sure it burned the fusible links which I also replaced after this incident. Still doesnt start. Checked the ignition coil it was bad so replaced that, checked the ignitor chip replaced that. Im thinking its a fuel or spark problem because the fuel pump isnt getting any power and from what my uncle says my ECU fried when the whole battery incident occured. So my question is what else can I check besides the ignition, spark plugs, wires, and distributor. And can I use a 1983 280zx Turbo ECU on my 1982 280zx Turbo? ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

The ECU controls the fuel pump (through the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump modulator). It also controls the ignitor.

If the ECU actually DID get "reverse voltage", it's probably fried. The ECU gets power through the EFI relay and I'm not sure if that relay would work with reversed voltage. But you may need to get out the electrical diagram and see what could be affected.