HybridZ

An Alternative Steel wheel?

its all a give and take lol but 16" wide tires are getting harder and harder to find, 15s will never go away though. Think about how many old cars, trucks, etc use 15's (stock and aftermarket) and alot are wider where most older cars (imports or american) didnt use 16s and now alot of 16s arent even used on new cars, and when they are either have huge 70-75 sidewall or are low profile like 40-35

Maybe you didnt see where i said WIDE tires...225 is a cute size almost like 195 and 215....great for looking rediculous on 8,9,10" rims but that size you listed fits a 7" rim...again pretty damn skinny especially when stock wheels are 6's

how many of those minivans/suvs are running street tires (not truck/terrain) 245/50/16 (8") or 275-315/50/16s?

Edited by sticky280zx

I'm in your boat. I just got my diamond racing rims(16x8f and 16x10r) and am having trouble finding tires to fit. I'm really against mixing tires and so far the only tires I've found that will fit are the Khumo XS tires (Love those tires, great grip I have them on my 15x7 now). They have a 265/45/16 and a 245 size, but the 265's cost quite a bit more.

I really want to try another type of tire, but no one really makes those sizes. I might be stretching a pair of 255/50 though and it would save me some cash.

guys look up the 15" wide tire sizes and pricing, theyre all over...245,255,275,295...list goes on...and best of all look at the $125 and under price tags (i just put 245 or 255 fronts and 295 rears on my 68 f100 and it was under $400 for the full set) and there are a few brands...thats why i will always go 15s or 17s but the 15s are SOOOO much cheaper tire wise. On my old rbr's i spent more on tires than i did the wheels...hate doing that, and like i said there are alot of options, gt2's, bfg ta's, cooper cobra's, indy 500's, etc obviously not some huge performance tires like yoko s drives, etc... but slick/road slicks are cheaper as well