HybridZ

Tach Adapter ? msd wiring Tach ?

somthinrandm

I have A MSD 6400 well 6series black ignition box on my 77 Z The guy i bought it from had the ignition installed. He told me that the Tach was just not hooked up. The rpm white wire is disconnected and just sitting there, and there is ONE wire on the harness not connected to anything pertaining to the msd ignition. I was wondering if I need to buy the MSD adapter, and what kind should i buy? Does anyone else have a 280z with a MSD 6 series setup, did u need to use an adapter? im afraid to just connect the rpm wire to the extra wire in the harness, im afraid i might break something.

thanks for your thoughts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I searched using these three words - msd 280z tachometer - and found some threads that will probably help you out. Not trying to be sarcastic, it really was that easy. Since this post should show up in your search, the sixth result down will probably be the one you want.

thanks.. this a good example of how we all spend hours searching things and not getting any answers.. after reading your post i searched for (msd 280z tachometer) and got your post only for a responce. after a few more trys i put in( MSD 280z tachometer ) and whala the caps on the msd made the diff.. i do search and look before i post but not always with good results.. maybe i am just a poopie head . i am better with tools than computers :D