HybridZ

Two Kicker Solo-Baric L5 series 15" Subs

AKZX

I have two Kicker Solo-Baric L5 series 15" Subs and I'm looking for some install ideas. I want something innovative that utilizes space well; maybe something with the amps mounted to the back of the seats on an MDF panel. Maybe building a closed or ported box in the space behind the seats. This guy had some good ideas. I have a 10" sub for the spare wheel compartment, so that space is already taken..

Anybody do something similar or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for input.

Get rid of the 2 back side panels (one with small pocket and other covering the spare,you lose the spare but theyre junk anyway) put the 15s in those places and the single 10 along the back...again pull the taillight cover panel and put it there. Glass everything in and it should look like this...and that should work for you.

5oi7wn.jpg

And i always stick my amps/crossovers under the seats to try and prevent theft. Also can run the wiring under the carpet /thru to the back along with the taillight wiring.

Edited by sticky280zx

Iraggi alternators sells a 200 amp alternator for the 280zx...

but they are a PAIN to deal with.

Contact mechman alternators I have heard good things from them and they could probably make you a good 200 amp alternator no trouble.

When I had all the trouble with iraggi, mechman sent me a message saying they wouldnt mind fixing iraggi's mess, but iraggi ended up coming through after 4 months of pain(yes he had my money for 4 months)

to be honest id skip the 10 and just add 6x9's in the back instead (there are premade panels) you would just have to make the side enclosures to fit with the other panel in the back.

I've considered that too, I might just do it all. It's all free, so I'll just do it big.

first off i say that because ive had 2 10's in a Z and theyre loud (even with a little mtx 200 series amp) but the car needs sound not just bump. I would be scared of those 15s with a big amp behind them not to mention you will have to get 6x9s in the back and figure out something for the front as the dash speakers (4") wont provide enough sound at all....so youll either have to do kick panels (better for sound) or door panel speakers (which make you cut the doors and sound muffled)....theres alot of issue with the front speaker arrangement.

personally i have alpine SD splits, MB Quart 200w ish amp, pioneer head deck with pre outs and its perfect the sound is balanced and sharp with a good kick in the back when the bass hits.

i tried a 10" sub and amp but it was way too much bass even on minim gain, my car is partially striped so that may have something to do with it but these 2 speakers are more than enough i even took the focals out of the front :>

first off i say that because ive had 2 10's in a Z and theyre loud (even with a little mtx 200 series amp) but the car needs sound not just bump. I would be scared of those 15s with a big amp behind them not to mention you will have to get 6x9s in the back and figure out something for the front as the dash speakers (4") wont provide enough sound at all....so youll either have to do kick panels (better for sound) or door panel speakers (which make you cut the doors and sound muffled)....theres alot of issue with the front speaker arrangement.

I saw a guy on cardomain with a custom box that housed two speakers that was attached to the door panel without much cutting. I'll post a link when I get to a real computer. I was thinking about putting two 6x9 2way speakers in the back and two new 4-inch up front with two tweeters

OR

moving the two 6x9s up front at the door panel with new 4 inch ones in the dash and just keeping the subs in the back.

I've also thought about molding an FG box on the top of the strut towers in the back facing forward...So many options! I've got some time to think about it, it's around -30F right now so I'm not touching the Z until it's warmer.

Ovenfood, I realize it's going to be insanely loud, but right now it's a lot for show.

Edited by AKZX

• 2 weeks later...

my buddy had 2 sony xplod 15" subs and a amp to match in his s130. it actually blew our hats off with the air movement from the rear hatch area. it wasnt pretty but it worked. hard to fit the correct size box for stuff that large. for one 15 you need 30"x30"x30"