HybridZ

HAHA! my cheap 3.8L

Dusto1002

Forgive me if I sometimes use abreviations but I'm on the road to girlfriends parents house... Really really... Really far away and thought I'd share my recently found solution.

A few months ago I wrecked my 2001 mustang, ad while she's a beauty, or I should say used to be (she has light body damage and heavy frame damage I don't know exactly how there not both heavy but anyways) after doing a few quick eagle eye measurements I've decided my z will benefit more with that engine and trans. More than the stang. The 3.8 will be a little farther set forward then the Lseries did, should just barely leave enough room for fans a/c steering ETC.. I have all the tools required and my mothers boyfriend has a machine shop, so fabbing a new cross member to weld the stangs motor mounts onto for correct fitment, almost no cost besides of course the cross member, I plan to even get it barred by a state ref. The whole project would start arooound I'd say jan/feb and hope to be done before jun/july the only problem I can see is maybe wideining the transmision tunnel for the borg warner, never done that before but I'm not too worried. Can't wait ill keep you guys posted on the progress with some pics and stuff

Ps don't hate on my ford I loved her : / plus its ported a bit : )

To be honest the mustang sits in the yard half wrecked with the entire front end disassembled I I really should of thought of it sooner lol. Do you think the straight six would fit under the mustang? Its lacking in longer engine space, maybe something super wide for sure, I just got a flashback of that caddilac that used a tank engine hahahahaha

that oh so slow 4 cyl youre talking about is a HUGE sleeper, with the right parts that dinky 4cyl can make 250-300 whp pretty easy...go around and ask some dirt track racing guys.

The SVO was a turbo 4 cylinder it was not slow in its day.Not as fast as the 5.0L. Hood scoop was offset to 1 side of the hood. I think it had a bi-level wing on the hatch. Memory is fading with age.

o ya i have asked about that, i was told a better choice would be a berlinetta though? but who knows they prolly arent that good, i dont think there that good lol but everyone needs a hobby. but ya 4cyl limits the cars a bit, i would never of thought of the mustang being fast at all... thanks for the knowledge.

o ya i have asked about that, i was told a better choice would be a berlinetta though? but who knows they prolly arent that good, i dont think there that good lol but everyone needs a hobby. but ya 4cyl limits the cars a bit, i would never of thought of the mustang being fast at all... thanks for the knowledge.

ps. i meant the guys i had asked before about a fast dirt track car.

A friend of mine has a fox body with a beast of a 4 cylinder, custom turbo kit and using a turbo off some diesel truck. Anyways, back on topic. My 4.6L fits in the trans tunnel so im sure you wont have to cut yours out, especially since it will sitting a little forward of the firewall. Motor mounts will be tricky but anything is possible. good luck with it.

yea im putting the 4.6l in a 280zx, check out my thread in the ford v8 section (project 460zx). i dont know the differences in the v8 vs. v6 measurements, but ive found out that driver side motor mount wont work because the steering shaft is in the way. you can keep the pass. side though. you will have to get creative on how it bolts to the chassis however. try to get the motor to sit as far back as possible for better weight distribution and better clearance from the steering shaft. I hope your 3.8 is an easier fit than my 4.6l is lol.