HybridZ

Going distributorless on my L28ET - how do I cover the dizzy hole?

AtlantaZ

• Administrators

Ron Davis Racing radiator, their off the shelf stock car radiator, Chevrolet In-Out pattern. have been using these in our 6 cylinder and V-8 Z cars over the years, we used to stock them a few years back, RTz ended up with our last one for his BMW powered 260-Z. :wink:

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/Stock%20Car%20Radiators.htm

If memory serves, here are the part numbers we used to stock for the 240 through early 260 and late 260 through 280-ZX, (also fits the Z32 as well).

'70-mid'74= "1A-26163"

Mid'74-'83 & '90-'96= "1A-26193"

The part number is the dimensions, before ordering, measure between your frame rails where the radiaotr fits and the hight fo the your core support to be sure the number I posted are correct.

Hope that helps,

Paul

(Sorry for the off topic) :oops:

I found a waterjet cutter in the area who can fab my flanges - problem is that waterjet-cut metal has sharp edges!. I'm hoping to find a CNC milling shop that can cut flanges with smoother edges, plus do the 'Z' engraving. How about a powdercoated black flange with a bare aluminum 'Z' and a ring around it?

Found this picture on the internet the other day and thought of this thread. The countersunk holes are what I would be looking for (makes it look really professional), and you can imagine a nice border around the edge along with a Z or something engraved.

utf-8BZDZhOF8xLmpwZw.jpg

Question; would you do the engraving after the powder coating so it shows up in raw aluminum, or before the powder coat? Have you thought about anodizing it? looks really good with engraving and is a little more durable than powder I would imagine.

EDIT: Here's what I would like to see border wise... If you could make one up like this with the countersunk holes you would have 1 guaranteed sold.

utf-8BYm9yZGVyLmpwZw.jpg

Edited by LanceVance

I mentioned powdercoating b/c my guy is affordable and does good work. I don't know much about the cost of anodizing aluminum parts. Sometime around the first of the year, if we don't already have a good solution, I may go ahead and have a few of these fabbed up just for fun.

Hi

I've had a block off plate on the back burner for a while now and finally decided to make it a reality. It's basically the same as AtlantaZ has described. Took a couple of tries to get the "Z" oriented properly to the bolt holes but I think I have it nailed this time.

Here's a sneak peek.

bc6204c3.jpg

I'll be anodizing it black in the morning and then I'll sand through the Z and outer ring. Should look pretty sharp.

Derek

Sometime around the first of the year, if we don't already have a good solution, I may go ahead and have a few of these fabbed up just for fun.

AtlantaZ, looks like that solution is here? Still going to produce a few? I would like to see what yours looks like, and if you go ahead and make some to sell I've already said I would buy one, and I stick by that.

Derek, amazing looking stuff as always. Mind if I ask where you get your anodizing done? I've got a small pile of aluminum bits stacking up that I would like to get done, but have yet to find anything local to me, or that didn't cost a small fortune in some far away city. Thanks.

Thanks Lance

I've had this on the drawing board since I did my EDIS install on my car. I did a couple mock ups and didn't get the Z just right. Plus I wasn't crazy about the design of the Z I was using. Then one thing led to another and it was way back on the burner.

I have my own 2 gallon anodizing line. It was giving me fits and I ended up retiring it for a while. I finally pulled everything back out and I think I have the problems solved because I'm getting great results this time.

I feel bad about jumping in here with this if others are working on theirs but I was going to come out with it anyway so now's a good a time as any!

Here's what I'm running right now.

DSC_0003.jpg

It's a piece of corian countertop material!

Nothin but the best for my car.

Derek

Edited by Derek