HybridZ

Rear Bumper Ends (Rubber Pieces)

I was looking at my Road and Track article on the 240Z from January of 1970 and it does show the rubber piece. I then looked at a 11-72 Datsun 240Z brochure (the one with the green 240Z on the cover) and it's not there. I would guess that some very early (1969 production) cars may have had them, but it's clear that they weren't around for long.

I'll scan some pictures from the JDM magazines and post them.

Edited by 240zip

Preproduction cars as magazine testers don't count. I thought the question was from a factory installation standpoint for a normal production run vehicle and not a trick question of 'were these ever on a car ever shipped to the usa for testing and evaluation including those cars classed as proproduction prototypes'...

The production cars don't have them, and there isn't a part number in the 240Z US Fiche for them accordingly.

It is, on the other hand, in the Fairlady Z parts book...

Edited by Tony D

I thought the question was from a factory installation standpoint for a normal production run vehicle and not a trick question of 'were these ever on a car ever shipped to the usa for testing and evaluation including those cars classed as proproduction prototypes'...

You don't have to be a ****** bag about it. He just said that he saw the damn things in an early magazine article. Serious, go get laid or something Tony.

They are bolted onto the car they don't fall off, they are very durable and are retained by the bumper when you remove it.

I left that out in my original response, apparently that makes me some sort of filthy-foul bag or whatnot in the eyese of those who didn't answer the question...

I love it when people take offense to something they had no useful contribution towards rectifying. Such useful discourse. I'm glad someone finds it amusing. For the most part, it's a waste of a post and space, but then again that's just my opinion.

If this is 'basic fitment 101' I'd say ask it over at Classic Z Cars and you will get all sorts of answers which will make you all amazed.

But again, it's not in the parts book, and preproduction models don't count. At least not the way I read it originally, as stated in my filth-foul bag (apparent) response.

I think some people want to be offended, you know? Like they look for it. I wish I had that much time on my hands...