HybridZ

Another big step...engine bay done.

Tim240z

Well, after lots of sanding to get rid of the three or more coats of paint, (red, green, primer), to get to bare metal, and smoothing out the firewall (more sanding of the plastic filler), the final result came out very nicely. The pictures don't do it justice, and I haven't even color sanded and buffed it yet!

Here are a couple of pics.

Tim

Your engine bay is looking great! It looks like you decided not to paint the frame rails along whith the rest. What's your plan for them? Are they going to get undercoating? Or am I not seeing things correctly?

I have my bay down to bare metal and am platic filling and smoothing too.

BTW - Your tri-Ys look great! 2thumbs.gif I wish I had the $ to get in on a group buy.

Wags,

My frame rails are actually painted with black Hammerite, as is the top (where the fenders cover), but was taped off and is just covered in sanding dust. Once cleaned up of all the dust, it should blend in with the rest of the engine bay.

Tim

Guest Anonymous

Tim.....U R going to have a great car ...Wag Z if you did not get my last email send the pictures that you took of the Tomahawk and Vello Rossa at my place.. I lost about all the stored info on my computer a whole back

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Mark.. stole Tim's thread. Tim,I wish I wasn't so tied up in the next 2 years or I would get in on that group purchase with you on the great full length headers you designed. Looks like they would fit about any trans application. I really like your ideas and applications for the Z. Keep in mind I want to fabricate a fiberglass Panatera hatch for my 250 GTO. It looks like I could fabricate out of flat fiberglass panels and then splash a mold from the results. There is always more to learn but Nate and I are getting this fibeglass mold making down without many complications.If we can make a convertible top, a panatera hatch would not be that difficult.