HybridZ

who buys junk cars?

240zphilly

I'm up in the high desert northwest of Barstow and was wondering how I could get rid of a non rolling body from a 73 z... I'm considering taking off all the brakes and suspension parts, but I dont want to be stuck with a 1500 or so pound lawn ornament. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited for the capitalization police, save they lock this thread too.

Edited by 240zphilly

Oh, PNP will not fall through, likely you will just have to pay them to haul it off. Usually $40. They only pay money for complete vehicles.

If it's incomplete, you will pay to have it hauled off. Ask me how I know...

"BUY?" If you have a title, you can GIVE it to me, I might come get it with my trailer.

And buddy, that's going to be your only hope! :lol:

I have called them, then put the car up on stumps and stripped the undercarrige. They weren't happy about that, but my spraypainting 'PYP CALLED FOR PICKUP 12/12/08' on both sides of the car kinda forced their hand. Left my wife with $40 and said "just play dumb and say 'it was complete when we pushed that damn thing out there last night! Kids in the neighborhood probably stripped it, it had nice aluminum wheels on it!' when they come to pick it up."

It worked, they took it and didn't charge me. But I didn't get the $40 they said they would give me either!

That thing weighed huge, I had filled in the interior of the car with old compressor elements (6 of them at 322# each!)and all sort of stuff from around the yard. My wife said they had problems getting it up on the back of the truck with their winch. They got a lot of scrap out of that one. Not many saleable parts, but LOTS of scrap---they can't complain! :D

215 / 60 Split Moreno Valley-Riverside

Did my time on the wash racks at Ft Irwin changing filters in water up to my waist... I had the compressed air service contract out there for a couple of years. Fun Fun Fun... But a better commute than going into freakin' OC on the 91 during rush hour! :lol:

Yea I've been up here at Irwin for the past two years, moving to South Korea this summer. going to have to transport the wife and Z back east until I get back stateside, when we make the move to Colorado. Hooah, not.

Do you work for an air compressor company?

Edited by 240zphilly

Yep...

Just came back from Korea as a matter of fact. More time in China recently than any place else.

Well, going to Korea now you get a much better than average chance of standing on alert more often than not. Lots of sabre rattling up north. I got to go to Anshan China in late January...wonderful! North Korean Border not that far away... I get to learn about the Frozen Chosun firsthand! :lol: Spent my time there, 3 weeks short of actually getting a short (remote) tour ribbon out of it. They cancelled my last TDY there so I could go go NCO Leadership School. Told 'em: I'm not re-enlisting, I don't NEED NCO leadership school! I would like to have the cool remote tour ribbon on my blouse though...

In the service's way of logical progression I was then pulled from NCO Leadership School AND didn't go on the TDY. :(

As far as Kim Jong Il is concerned, I'm a tanker by trade, as such although I promote diplomacy before all else, I secretly hope for the all else. Nothing like watching a 120mm main gun round glowing across three grid squares before meeting its final destination.