HybridZ

seen this before?

BRAD D

The fender and rocker flares look like a kit they sell for the old Opel GT"s, and the lights might have been borrowed from one as well???? I researched Opel GT's before I decided to go with the Z. The opels engine compartment is WAAAAYYY too small for a small block chevy, and would have required cutting out the fender wells etc. Still a nice looking ride! 2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

I am sorry, I should have put it into these words............ " I personally like the ease of installation of a chevrolet small block V8 into a first gen Z. You can pretty much just slip it in without any major reconstruction of the vehicle. Now the opel on the other hand, came from the factory with JUST enough room for the stock 4 cylinder, and putting a chevrolet V8 would require chopping up and re designing the firewall, inner fender wells, foreward frame rails,transmission tunnel, etc. the list goes on and on. For my needs I prefer the Datsun Z for not only the ease of installation, but the body lines and natural stance that cannot be bought in any other vehicle, in other words, a car with a style all it's own that can easily and inexpensively be made to be a force to be recond with.IMHO

Ode to all the other Z lovers that participate in this site...... rockon.gif

• 3 months later...
so how bad is importing a car like this to the states(if you say i have to crash test it i'm gonna cry)?

I used to work for a company that did exactly this and made a killing selling used canadian cars in the us. Bought at canadian prices and sold at american prices. I don't know if this would hold for such an old car/pricepoint but I know there is a luxury tax and import tax incurred. We were working at an OEM level (1000+ cars a month) so this may not hold when you are only buying 1 car. I think it would be worth it for that car though... :shock: