HybridZ

GT40P header question

mr.meshie

I am planning a SBF conversion in my 73 S30. i have all the parts including a set of GT40P heads. In doing some research, i find most people complain about headers on these heads due to clearance from the spark plugs. Will the Patriot H8427 headers still work? anybody know?

I am planning a SBF conversion in my 73 S30. i have all the parts including a set of GT40P heads. In doing some research, i find most people complain about headers on these heads due to clearance from the spark plugs. Will the Patriot H8427 headers still work? anybody know?

i asked Jegs and they said the do NOT work on gt40p heads. Supposedly, sanderson makes a set of block hugger headers for gt40p's, but im not convinced they look quite right. anybody have any ideas

• 3 months later...

If I remember correctly there are only a few places to get headers to fit these heads. However, I do think that I used a set of summit block huggers when I build the 347 with gt40 heads, the spark plugs were a pain to get to but I recall them working. I bought aluminum heads shortly after.... it been a long time ago though. I would recommend try summit racing I am almost positive that's the ones that I used.

Adam

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...