HybridZ

1985 z31 na to turbo swap

donsz31

wuz up guys? im new to hybridz ands Zs cars. i was wondering what would i need to do a na to turbo swap on my z31 how much boost i can run for daily driving, what ecu, and what i need to upgrade. right now i have noting because i do want to start getting parts and it wont work so please guys help me out on this. i try searching and couldnt find any useful info!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's not hard, I've done it, you'll need the crossmember and drivers side engine mounts, this si the most difficult part just dow to pita factor, also your car being an 85 you'll need the alternator harness and moutn fomr a turbo or an 87-89 n/a

otherwise you need the injectors, turbo, drivers side manifold, oil lines (and pan) I can't recall for sure but I seem to recall the mas is the same, I went megasquirt, the n/a engine can handle the boost so long as you don't get greedy, intercooling is key

yes the easy answer si to find a turbo z31 but decent ones are getting hard to find