HybridZ

Mig welding Shielding Gas pressure

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

I just recently got a deal on a Lincoln SP100 mig welder. I've been practicing with it for about a week now and was wondering what should I set my shielding gas pressure at? Any answer or comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guest JAMIE T

Actually gas pressure depends on the conditions you are welding in. For instance, if you are welding outside, there may be a breeze, you will need more pressure to insure suffecient sheild properties. At work I have my flowmeter set to about 40psi. I'm welding aluminum though, and it helps with clean out. I can make MIG welded aluminum look like TIG welds. Then again, I can make TIG welds look like a stack of dimes. 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hey thanks for all the info everyone. Now I have another problem. My current pressure is set at about 45 psi and for some reason I cannot make it go any lower than that. I can raise the psi however. Is there something wrong with my regulator or is it just me?