HybridZ

Wintertime in western NC

jt1

I'm not really a fan of cold weather, but one thing I really enjoy about wintertime is some of the beautiful sights.

Looking east toward Cherry Mountain:

post-264-059758400 1295527895_thumb.jpg

My parents house where I grew up:

post-264-099821600 1295528120_thumb.jpg

Some of the local residents, not always friendly:

post-264-050424200 1295528480_thumb.jpg

Sunrise this morning from work:

post-264-060440900 1295528628_thumb.jpg

Sunset from a while back:

post-264-009172200 1295528803_thumb.jpg

Business sucks so bad that sometimes it's hard to find much to be positive about, but it's there if you just look around, and sometimes I need to remind myself. Hope you enjoy.

jt

Hey John, I can just make out a Z car in the sun rise pic. Is that your white car? Have you checked the ackerman yet? ;) I've got a kid in cullowhee and have heard the stories about how much snow they have but have not seen any pics. Thanks for sharing. I hope 2011 is a better year for you.

Mark, you're quite observant. That's an old 76 parts car with a totally ratted out interior, but a pretty good tub. I've robbed a good bit off it, to the point someone will occasionally stop by and offer me $50 for it. I'm concerned about the ackerman on it, but it's hard to get a good measurement since one of the tires is flat. The white car's tucked away in a heated garage, wanting to go to the track. It doesn't understand why I tinker with the stripped down ***** more than it.

Buzz, usually a snow here is gone in 2 or 3 days. We've had two so far, the first one melted away pretty quick but the second one hung around for over a week. So far, we've a had quite a cold winter here.

jt