HybridZ

83 l28et, lone underdash plug?

ok i got some diagrams for some wiring for my 83 l28et to 77 280z, but my problem is my l28et underdash plug does not look the same... its a 8 prong plug, but there are only 6 wires to it and on the diagram of my previous post, that same plug shows 7 wires in it being used... any idea?

You're probably talking about "EFI Connector #2" in the wiring diagrams. It comes out of the ECU wiring harness near the ECU.

If you look at the hand-drawn diagram from your other post, it's the 8-pin connector in the top left corner of the first diagram (it's also "labeled" "2" underneath it - may not be clear to someone not familiar with these diagrams)...

The connector probably should have all 8 wires, but you are only concerned about a few of them anyway:

- Ignore the 2 wires that are for the "speed sensor" - your car doesn't have one!

- The wire labeled "inhibit sw(itch)" should probably be called "Transmission, Neutral/Park Switch" - IF your manual tranny has a neutral switch (my son's T-5 has one AND a reverse switch - my Nissan 5-speed does NOT (only a reverse switch) you can connect it to this as a "safety" - the ECU won't start the engine unless the tranny is in neutral.

- IF you are using the "Fuel Pump Control Modulator" device, the "Shield" and "B" wires on one end of the plug will be important. My harness is an '81 and didn't use this device (my #2 connector is only 6 pins).

- VERY Important is the YELLOW wire next to the GREEN/BLUE wire. It runs to the Starter SOLENOID. (marked "starter 12V" on the diagram)

- VERY Important is the YELLOW/WHITE wire next to the Y wire I talked about above: It goes to the COIL TRIGGER (2-wire connector on the ignitor next to the coil - 1 BLACK/WHITE wire, one YELLOW/WHITE wire)

- YELLOW wire on the other side (between 2 BLACK wires on either end) - ties to the A/C solenoid wire. It tells the ECU "the A/C is ON, increase the RPM a bit!". I have A/C. I don't use it, but it's easily connected... (YELLOW/WHITE wire next to this one is for the "speed sensor" - so you ignore that one too.)

IF you don't have all these wires, DON'T sweat it - as long as you have the ones I've labeled "important"...