HybridZ

re: Showcars-Bodyparts G-nose

aviatorx

In the recent past I've posted several times on having acquired a g-nose from Showcars. The purchase was made on eBay, and I think several of you have followed the thread as there was interest in a group buy. HybridZ thread

Upon arrival, the g-nose had several flaws that would have required extensive modification in order to get a proper fit, and I even posted some pictures to illustrate the point. I brought these to the attention of Rob Johnson at Showcars, and I have to admit he appears to be doing the right thing - at least by me.

Rob has looked at the pictures I posted and agrees that there are fitment issues beyond that of a minor nature, and that he has modified his mold and made trial fits to a 240Z he has access to. The end result is that he has agreed to ship out a new part in exchange for my original purchase. Frankly, that is what he should do as a good businessman.

I wanted to add this post in order to present some balance to my experience so that the HybridZ membership gets the whole story, not just my pissed off rants about a bad part.

I will, of course, document the new part on arrival. More to follow...

Glad to hear some people know what it means to be "in business".

I think that this G nose with the added frt spoiler looks nice and I have followed your trails.

I would maybe like to see one like this on my Z.

So please keep us up to date.

Thanks for being the "front man"!

well.....Showcars doesn't offer them, MSA does and you may find them at NISMO... unfortunately, there are not too many options. You may find some overseas suppliers, but I'm uncertain if they would be cost competitive after you pay shipping, etc. I believe MSA's are ~$200 per side...

UPDATE: I spoke with Rob at Showcars this morning and hes got his mold modified and has a new part to ship by this weekend. He's been very open to feedback on this issue and has taken suggestions as to how the g-nose and airdam can be improved upon. My old parts are on the way back to him, and I should have new ones by next week.

Things are looking up.....

• 1 month later...
Guest pinky280z

I have been eyeing the G-Nose on Ebay for some time, not sure about fit and total looks and all.

If and when you get around to takin pics I would love to see them. I think it would solve my ideas on a grill anf markers for the front of my Z...

• 5 months later...
Guest tom sixbey

hey aviator -

hows the car coming? - i really liked the way the gnose looked in your bodywork pictures - do you have any new pics?

i'm thinking about getting the same piece for my car...

Several threads since this one have been written on the lack of any further response from Showcars regarding any replacement of my g-nose. In short - shop elswhere unless you really, really, REALLY have to have that look and are prepared to put at least another $500 into correcting their shabby work and poor fit.

I've put my nose on the back burner while I focus on the chassis and suspension... that g-nose will be one of the last things I get to.

....no new pics due to no new progress

Does anyone make a G-nose conversion kit out of the Urythane -- I don't like the idea of the fiberglass shattering everywhere

I did some search and what it appears that many suppliers make it out of the fiberglass and sell it for exuberant prices (I know it is a "labor" cost while the supplies are very cheap")

:-D