HybridZ

Name that part thread

I know this is a pretty lame thread that is almost entirely based off my lack of interest in the electrical system of my bastard 260z car, but I'm not sure about 2 of these. But since I'm doing it, other people can chime in with parts they have no idea what they are.

This may be a horrible idea too but who knows

The red is fusible links for I think Ignition and something that escapes my memory, the Blue circle is my external voltage regulator that is going to be removed once I hook up my 280zx turbo alt

PICT0028.jpg

Have no idea what this is, I think it's the charging relay

PICT0029.jpg

I have no idea what this is

PICT0030-1.jpg

All these questions can be answered by spending a little time with the FSM and wiring diagram. I have an early '74 which had a few electrical problems (mostly due to PO laziness and ignorance). I spent a day or more tracing wires and figuring out what everything is and does on this car. "Lack of interest" doesn't excuse you from putting in the effort.

Pic 1: Red is fusible links and blue is the interlock relay, NOT the voltage regulator.

Pic 2: That's your voltage regulator, the charge relay is integral with the assembly.

Pic 3: Emergency switch, refer to the FSM for its complete function. It essentially bypasses the safety interlock.

Okay, not to threadjack, but it's kinda related. What is the Rope looking seal around the doors called and where can I get it? All the stuff at the junkyard Z's are all trashed around here... I couldn't find it on Ebay either. Anyone know? I think it goes over a body seam...

Phar