HybridZ

question about a 260Z....and other things..

Guest ON3GO

There is quite a differnce in the dash. The center cluster below the gauges are way differnt.

I put brand new 240 bumpers on my early 260 as seen in the pics below in link.

It was easy to mod the existing brakets on the 240 parts to fit on "shocks".

Door panels are differnt also, (better I think) :D

You'll like the early 260 2thumbs.gif

going to look at a 260Z today i hope, if the guy call sme back.

if its in good shape, this will be the L28ET project car.

Thing is im not sure if its a early 260Z or late.

if its a eary one then it should have the 240Z turn signals which i want big time... but also whats the diffence between a 260Z and a 240Z?

Late and early... from exterior to interior.

Also i know the 1973 240Z had different bumpers, but im not sure which bumper is the one i like.

if you go here and see this Z, the red and black one..... well thats the bumpers i want, does anybody know what year bumpers?

http://www.geocities.com/coolin550/flare5.html

Thats the car im modeling my Z after, not sure if it wll be this 260Z or if ill wait for a 240Z to come up.

all i really care about is that the frame rails are in great shape, not really that bad of rust on the body and not really all that messed up.

dont care if it has no engine or not runing or etc... its a full project car smile.gif .

thanks for the help guys

mike

My early 260 has a different dash than the 240's and they do have the small bumpers but they are shock mounted. Can't recall on the turn signals though. The tail lights are different as well. The red & black car has early 240 style european bumpers on it. They can be mounted to a 240 but you will need to fabricate some brackets. This is what I plan on doing.

Thought I might have some dash pics but couldn't find any and the dash is in my attic right now. :D The gauge clusters are virtually the same but the panel that houses the AC/Heat controls & radio is different. The only reason I even noticed though is because I have a 240 dash in my garage as well.

i might need it, depends on how the one in the car looks..

but im just trying to see whats the difference in the two dashs and etc in the cars... like in pics

thanks though, ill let u no.

mike

-euro bumpers are the ones you want to get. they only have 2 holes in them, and no rubber strips like the 240z's had.

-70-72 has bumpers that sit close to the body. In 73 they changed to a larger bumper that sits a little further away from the car.

-240z's dash is different from 260z and 280z, but i have sat in a 240z with a 280z dash so i believe they are interchangeable.