HybridZ

New glass hood

Georgia Flash

that's the hood that i have. you can see it in my sig below. it's a great hood and you'll be pleased at how well it is packed when it arrives. it does bolt up really easily. you will have to drill holes to mount your hood latch and may have to slot the brackets that come on the hood a little to get it to line up properly. as with all fiberglass parts, it will need a little prep work when it is painted.

scottie gnz has the same hood on his car, too.

hey, no problem. i think the hump is just right. and, again, you'll be amazed at how well it's packaged. no chance of damage. i ordered one from jim cook racing once that they may has well have wrapped in one-ply toilet paper (gee, how did that corner break...).

sumo, the hood is considerably lighter than the stocker. i dont have exact weight measurements, but you can pick it up with one hand and feel like you can sling it around a bit.

looks like they went up in price... last one that i bought was $399 a year ago and i'm about ready to buy another one. shipping was about $75 to the freight company upon delivery.

That is the same hood I just ordered for mine as well. I love the subtle look and I think it will lend itself to the edge mounted Viper scoop I got. Hmmmmmmmmm CAN'T WAIT!!!! Good taste man! cheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...

:D Well the hood arrived the other day and I will have to say that it was packed very good. The hood looks fantastic! It is very light and looks like it should have come on the Z when it was new.

I can't wait until I have it on the Z and painted!

Ryan did you have to take off the tension rods on the hood hinges or did you leave them on?

First weigh yourself, make note of the weight. Then right away go get the hood and weigh yourself again and take the difference. No stopping off and taking a crap or having a few brews, or shooting the pesky cat sleeping on top of your patrol car. It might upset actual accurate measurement. The only thing is how are you going to look down on the scale with the hood infront of you while your holding it. :shock::D:D:D

:lol: LOL I am still trying to find the old bathroom scales. I can't remember using them in the last 6 or 7 years and we have moved since then and had two yard sales so there is no telling.

I can tell you that it is very light compared to the stocker. I would like to get the weights of the big heavy bumpers that I will not be using along with those bumper mounts. It would be cool to see how much weight you actually took off the car when it was done.

awesome, glad to hear you got it ok. that's actually pretty quick, too. it's not uncommon to have to wait an entire month or more to get the hood to your door. it was a job just to unpack it, right? lots of staples and nice big box . that's a MAJOR selling point for me.

and you WILL have to remove the tension rods. if you do not, it will put a lot of pressure on the hood and cause it to crack, probably where the brackets are attached to the fiberglass. i removed mine by cutting them towards the middle with a cutoff wheel. however you do it, be careful. they will sling up on you more than you might think. it makes a rather loud noise, too.

i also had to slot the l-brackets a little to get the hood to line up like i wanted.

are you going to use hood pins near the wiper cowl or the factory latch? i started with the factory latch, but later went to hood pins. it seems to be held more solidly with the pins.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the advice on the tension rods. I will be using hood pins instead of the latch. Yeah I kinda was surprised at how fast the hood came too. You are right, the sucker was packed pretty good. It was actually two boxes stapled together or so it seemed.

What I really like about the hood is that it looks like it could have came on the Z car when it was new. And it should help the engine compartment breath a little better than with my stock hood with no vents.

Now if my parts would just get here for my R-200 I could finish up the rear and move onto something else.